2.07.2009

cecil adventures...funny story...even if you are dog person

so, cecil is a rather social cat. all of our neighbors know him and regularly report to us about his visits to their yard or porch. during the summer, he comes home every evening smelling of bbq because he frequents all of the neighborhood cookouts. he's quite popular.
anyway, due to cecil's roamings we have a little collar and a tag that says "CECIL" and my phone number on it. the other day, cecil came home in the evening with a piece of masking tape on his collar. on the tape was written, "i think every dish is mine" with a smiley face. "oh no," i thought, "cecil's pilfering from a neighbor's cat dish again." there's nothing i can really do about this. i mean, if you put catfood outside, you can't really be surprised that it becomes a community dish, right? i figured if the mystery sticky note person was really offended by cecil's behaviors then they could call me.

next day, cecil comes home with a new note attached to the collar. this time it says, "cecil t catt at facebook." we looked on facebook and, yes, cecil now has a facebook page. courtesy of a neighbor that has been wooed by his cecil-ness. i don't have a facebook page but my cat does. he doesn't even have thumbs, but he has a facebook page. hilarious.

so if any of you facebook-ers want to "friend" my cat you may do so. cecil t catt.

11 comments:

Laura said...

This is pretty funny. Now his mom just needs to follow in his footsteps.

tiff said...

That's a pretty good one! What a funny neighbor you have. And a social cat!

casey elizabeth said...

amazing. we are sooo going to be friends, not that we aren't already.

Erika said...

That's awesome, Mendy! I miss you!!

Kyle Hutson said...

No fair. Your cat is more awesome than I am.

Mendy said...

i know...my cat is more awesome than me, too. he's definitely more popular and he doesn't even have to buy designer clothes or go to all the keg parties to be so!

Michelle said...

I totally thought about starting a Facebook page for Izzy, but everyone I mentioned it to indicated to me that that was a crazy thought. I mean, who in their right mind would sign their cat up for Facebook. Just kidding...I'm totally friends with Cecil :)

Anonymous said...

i have to clarify that it was not i that started a facebook page for cecil...it is one of our neighbors, whose identity is yet unknown to me.
apparently there are many people who have pet facebook pages. i do think it is strange that there are people that i do not even know who know my cat...somewhat disturbing.

Dr. Mike said...

Cecil keeps popping up in the People You May Know area of my facebook and I was wondering if that was your cat!
It's even more hilarious that neither of you set up the page!

How many friends does he have?

Mendy said...

he's got to be approaching 30 friends now! we found out through facebook that apparently he decided to hang out in our neighbor bob's house for a few hours and wait out the thunderstorm. he just seems to make himself at home with just about anyone!

Shan Hope Fish Rein said...

I just added Cecil :)Great story!