2.23.2009

grody

i used the word "grody" for the first time since perhaps 4th grade the other day. i don't even know how to spell it. but, i used it in reference to myself. i got sick on friday, so suddenly and so dramatically that i have not left my house since friday afternoon. i showered today for the first time since thursday (yeah, i went to work and didn't shower on friday, so what?). that was the longest that i had been standing up since i was at work on friday. i have gone through a box and a half of tissue and a roll of toilet paper since saturday morning. there is only one word to describe me: grody.

p.s. i am getting ready to venture out of the house for the first time in four days...don't be too impressed. i am going to dillons to get some meds. i live a block from dillons. and i'm not wearing a bra.

6 comments:

Patrick said...

I have one acronym for you... "TMI"

Ha!

Mendy said...

yeah....i didn't know you read my blog. as far as i knew it was just the kearney girls and linds and mike c (always the faithful honorary kearney "guy") and a few other girl friends. well, i guess you know me. and my "TMI"-ness.

chris and diane said...

that is a nice and grody description - thanks for that...and just so you know, add the wiebes to your list of followers. :) we're here too!!!

Kyle and Amelia said...

I love this post because it is very "Mendy." I just got done reading it aloud to Amelia and I couldn't help but try to make my voice and intonation be similar to yours. I hope you're feeling better!

Dr. Mike said...

Since you don't have a FB page and I hear it's you BD, I will just say Happy Birthday! here. Hope you are doing better than when you last blogged!

Mendy said...

Thanks Mike! I am doing better.